Capacity (mAh)/ Wh: 3005 / 10.81
Continuous Discharge Rate: 16.8A
Max Discharge Current: 22.5A
Energy Density (wt.): 221.06 Wh/kg
Energy Density (vol.): 653.5 Wh/l
Cycle Life Retention: 500 (75%)
Chemistry Type: DSP Li-NMC
PDF Snapshot: Brochure
SAFETY NOTICE & WARNING: Scroll Down this Page
- Batteries Shipped without Charger or Compatible Device in Cart
- Batteries Shipped with Battery Charger or Compatible Device in Cart
Customers who choose the wrong choice in order to save the $2.00 will experience a delay in shipping the order and/or the order being cancelled. With a Charger or Compatible Device we can ship using a UN3481 Battery Warning Sticker on the package allowing it to possibly move by Air (but it can still be trucked if there is no space on a flight or is refused by the carrier). Without a Charger or Compatible Device, we use UN3480 which forces the package to move by ground, the Postage on this Costs more (≈ double) to move slower (don't ask us why).
⚠️ Batteries Alone Cannot be shipped internationally, you must order a device that uses the batteries or a charger. Batteries Ordered without a Charger or Device which uses the Batteries will move the slowest way within the US, expect shipping to take 2-4 weeks. No more than one pack of these batteries allowed in a shipment whether domestic or abroad.
Hohm DEPOT is tailor-made to push where other batteries fall. It focuses on maintaining everything one would expect of Hohm Tech cells while simultaneously reducing the cost per unit of Ah. R&D started in early 2020, with prototype testing by late 2020 and throughout 2021. With minor, mild, and unique formulation adjustments, Hohm DEPOT can confidently surpass other ≈3Ah (3000mAh) cells. A highly-positive result in the cell honing comes improved cycle life (via UL test standard). This occurred from simply switching from the QSP to DSP (Quad vs. Dual Stripping Process).
As for the nitty-gritty…these are rated at 3005mAh capacity, with a CDR of 16.8A, and 80oC | 3.2V cut-off limit (whichever occurs first) @ 22.5A. For EV and DC motor applications, the DEPOT cell handles repeated 28.4A loads @ 5s on, 30s off (Surge/Pulse). All ratings are subject to meet and/or exceed strict limitation policies set forth for DLr*1, TID*2, PVDL*3, CLR*4, mΩR*5, and Temperature (°C). Hohm DEPOT is built from the DSP NMC chemistry formulation, with manganese inert compound replaced with additional proprietary levels of cobalt & nickel as well as added custom bonding agents to achieve unprecedented U.D.O.S. results. It is further enhanced with components from industry-leading manufacturers that give it the heartbeat of Hohm Tech.
Every Hohm Tech cell model has been tested and certified by UN38.3, EN62133, IEC62133 2nd Edition, and UL1642 accredited laboratories and testing facilities assigned by regulatory bodies. This includes MSDS, CE, ROHS, UN38.3, IEC, PSE, Specifications, and Air/Sea Transport certifications. We do not cut corners. We deliver what we promise… chart-topping performance, capacity, consistency, and safety.
To expound on safety:
• modified cathode tag consisting of higher purity aluminum is utilized to aid in lowering internal resistance
• updated poly seal with refined bitumen is installed in every cell to ensure excess pressure is controlled
* NOTICE: Hohm Tech does not manufacture batteries. These are made for and licensed to Hohm Tech Int’l achieving their requirements set forth.
** CAN BE CHARGED AT 3.6A. This is not a misprint. 3.6A as in THREEE POINT SIX-amp charging is possible, tested, proven, and approved within all strict safety protocols set by Indonesia Chemistry.
*** TESTING BEYOND TEMPERATURE. Hohm Tech cells utilize both static & dynamic testing that includes but not limited to: density loss, thermal distribution, volt drop limiters, cycle life retention, and temperature. These tests are imperative to achieve true cell performance, longevity, and overall quality.
*1 Density Loss Ratio
*2 Thermal Image Distribution
*3 Pulse Voltage Drop Limitation
*4 Cycle Life Retention
*5 Resistance Retentivity Pre|Post
*6 Surge/Pulse is applicable to Dynamic EV Systems ONLY and rated @ ≤5 SEC ON / ≥30 SEC OFF
WARNING: LI-ION CELLS HAVE INHERENT RISKS IF MISUSED OR MISHANDLED. CELL CAN EXPLODE CAUSING SEVERE BURN INJURY, FATALITY, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE. – READ BELOW THOROUGHLY –
READ BROCHURE HERE
CELL = BATTERY
- KEEP OUT OF REACH of minors (at least 18 years of age) and pets.
- DO NOT PUT IN FIRE, oven, microwave, or expose to anything over 100oC (212oF)
- DO NOT CARRY or store OUTSIDE of its protective packaging or a PROTECTIVE CELL CASE.
- DO NOT PUT IN POCKET, bag, purse, or on your body (applicable at all times). Pockets contain KEYS, COINS, OBJECTS, and/or DEBRIS that can short-circuit a cell (battery) causing it to explode. The cell NEEDS TO BE STORED in its protective packaging or a protective case at all times when not in use.
- DO NOT PUT A DEVICE WITH CELL(S) INSTALLED IN IT IN YOUR POCKET or ON YOUR BODY. As unlikely as it may be, a device can malfunction and/or be affected by debris or object(s) in the pocket that can short-circuit cell causing it to explode.
- DO NOT USE IN A DEVICE THAT CAN EXCEED MAX CELL WATTAGE (W) or AMPERAGE (A) (listed on each cell and retail packaging). Otherwise, this can overload a cell, causing it to explode.
- DO NOT USE A LOWER RESISTANCE (Ω) # (listed on each cell and retail packaging). Otherwise, this can overload cell, causing it to explode.
- DO NOT USE CELL WITH ANY DAMAGE TO ITS STRUCTURE OR OUTER PROTECTIVE LABEL (also called “WRAP”, “sleeve”, “skin”). Damage may include: dent(s), tear(s), nick(s), puncture(s), corrosion, or any other undisclosed abnormalities or damages. Otherwise, a cell can short-circuit and explode. ALWAYS INSPECT cell VISUALLY and by TOUCH to SEE/FEEL for damage BEFORE EACH USE. ** SEE ILLUSTRATION BELOW AS GUIDELINE. **
- DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED WHILE CHARGING, & REMOVE CELL(s) FROM CHARGER ONCE FULLY CHARGED to ensure it is not exposed to any potential charger malfunction such as overcharging which could damage the cell causing it to explode.
- DO NOT CHARGE HIGHER THAN MAX CHARGE VOLTAGE (V) (typically 4.2V) or DISCHARGE BELOW MAX VOLTAGE CUT-OFF (V) (typically 2.5V). Overcharging or over-discharging cell(s) can cause irreversible damage and cause it to explode.
- DO NOT MIX WITH USED or DIFFERENT BATTERY TYPES. Differences in cell capacity can lead to one or more cell(s) being overcharged or over-discharged.
- IF USING A MULTI-CELL DEVICE, the device MUST HAVE A NON-CONDUCTIVE BARRIER (typically plastic) OR FITMENT that PREVENTS CELL(S) from TOUCHING THE SIDE(S) OF ONE ANOTHER OR ANY ADJACENT METAL except for the very center of top and bottom of the cell. Otherwise, cell(s) could short-circuit and explode.
- ALWAYS REPLACE CELL when capacity has decreased or within a maximum of 12 months of use (whichever occurs first) when used in a device that allows cell(s) to be changed/removed. Cell degradation and wear incurred from repeated installation/removal can negatively impact cell integrity and subject it to conditions that can cause it to be short-circuited and explode.
- ALWAYS charge, connect, and operate cell(s) within their capabilities as listed on each cell, packaging, and product detail pages, while adhering to the device’s user manual.
- COMPLETELY READ and follow the WARNING section listed on each cell, packaging, and here, in its entirety.
- SEARCH www.YouTube.com for “18650 EXPLOSIONS” to understand the importance of consistently taking safety precautions and using Li-ion cells properly. Hohm Tech advocates recycling and replacing any damaged Li-ion cell/battery. As a tool to find your ♻️LOCAL RECYCLE CENTER♻️. Or visit Hohm Tech Warranty Center for recycling and replacement. Your safety is #1.